IELTS Writing Task - 2 (Topic: 8)
In many countries, increasing numbers of people are becoming interested in learning about the history of the house or building where they live
What are the reasons behind this? How can individuals research this?
Type of essay -> Reasons and solutions
Point for this essay
- Many owners are interested to know the past of their house because they want to link it with historical periods.
- Some owners are worried about potential structural faults.
- They can find all the information about their houses through government authorities and the internet.
Vocabulary for this essay
- History – the past, the old days
- Different — dissimilar, contrasting, pole apart, mismatched, distinct
- Culture – the art, literature, customs, ethnicity
- Age – generation, era, period, span, years, duration
- Together – cooperatively, simultaneously, in conjunction
- Related – linked, coupled, correlated, allied