IELTS Writing Task - 2 (Topic: 22)
In many cities, problems related to overpopulation are becoming more common. Some governments are now encouraging businesses and individuals to move out of cities to rural areas. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?
Type of essay -> Advantages and Disadvantages type essay
Pointers For The Essay:
Advantages for the topic
- Some people claim that these drawbacks are justified by benefits for the sake of the world.
- The current threat of cities is that they are a significant rise in populations, that has caused pollution from private vehicles, and inevitably create urban sprawl.
- Residents will then be more likely to care about their immediate surroundings.Furthermore, over time the reduced density of both employers and employees will allow the authorities to better treat waste and manage pollution issues.
- This is evidenced by the better environmental conditions in countries with fewer large cities.
Disadvantages for the topic
- Some people believe that these initiatives can harm businesses and residents.
- Residents of cities typically enjoy better medical care, employment opportunities, and entertainment options.
- There may be significant economic issues cities tend to be the economic centers of any given state or nation.
- By reducing the concentration of industry in urban areas, there is some likelihood that innovation will be negatively impacted as the pool of potentially competent employees disperses.
Vocabulary for this essay
- Cities – town, metropolis
- Problem – issue, trouble, obstacle
- Overpopulation – bottleneck, crowding, excess
- Common – usual, ordinary, familiar
- Government – authority, administration, ministry
- Encouraging – cheer, uplift, inspire