The university is the founding member of EdX and member of the prestigious “Group of Eight” and is known for its research-based projects and educational setup. The University of Queensland enjoys a long history of success and achievements. Besides, excellent teaching experience and a quality teaching team, studying at UQ would give dedicated support and exciting campus life.
Study at UQ Campuses:
The University of Queensland maintains several campuses and facilities throughout Queensland and out of them St Lucia campus is the main. Its Gatton campus at Warrego is dedicated to agricultural studies.
St. Lucia Campus- Brisbane
Gatton Campus- Warrego- For agriculture courses
The university has six faculties to support both research and teaching activities.
University of Queensland (UQ) Ranking:
As mentioned above, the University of Queensland is among the top hundred universities worldwide which itself is a great reason to study at UQ.
- UQ is ranked 36th in the world by the 2021 US News Global Ranking
- 47th in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021
- 50th in the world in the QS World University Rankings
- 54th in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking
- UQ is ranked 31st in the world in the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2021.
- Scimago Institutions Rankings (Higher Education) has UQ ranked 44th in the world and 3rd in Australia for 2020
Educational Programs to study at University of Queensland (UQ):
The University of Queensland ranks among the top 50 universities in the world. And hence, the quality and variety of educational programs help students to pursue the course of their interest and choice.
Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law
- School of Business
- School of Economics
- College of Law
Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
- School of Architecture
- School of Chemical Engineering
- College of Civil Engineering
- School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering
Faculty of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- School of Dentistry
- School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- College of Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- School of Pharmacy
- College of Psychology
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Communication and Arts
- School of Education
- College of Historical and Philosophical Inquiry
- School of Languages and Cultures
- School of Music
- College of Political Science and International Studies
- School of Social Science
Faculty of Medicine
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Public Health
Faculty of Science
- School of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- College of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences
- School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- School of Mathematics and Physics
- College of Veterinary Science
The Educational programs to study at University of Queensland (UQ) :
A university is always known for the teaching methods and ranking of its educational programs. Here are some of the courses that may attract your eyeballs while deciding which university to choose as a study abroad destination. Here are some of the facts, which may give you a nice reason to study at University of Queensland:
- UQ’s Master in Business Administration (MBA) is ranked number 1 in the Asia Pacific and 10th globally.
- UQ’s MBA degree is ranked 1st in Australia by the Australian Financial Review
- UQ is also the top Australasian institution for life sciences in the US News and World Report
- The university is also highly ranked in various engineering disciplines
- In mining and minerals engineering, it stands in 3rd worldwide
- in electrical and electronic engineering it is ranked 101–150th worldwide
- UQ is first in Australia, and second in the world, for Sports-Related Subjects,
- In Mineral & Mining Engineering the UQ is second in Australia and third in the world
- Overall, in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021, UQ ranked in the top 50 in the world in 20 subjects.
Events and Activities:
Doing Uni is not just studying through books and classrooms, rather this place offers you a lot more ways to learn things. To make study more fruitful, the university organize several events and encouraged students to actively take part. Here is a list of some of the annual activities organized on the campus that give one more reason to study at University of Queensland.
- The University of Queensland organizes an annual 636m sprint race around the UQ sandstone Great Court which is inspired by the event at the University of Cambridge.
- Three Minute Thesis which was started in 2008 is now held annually at universities across Australia and the Pacific region. Here, the participants are asked to present their research in just 180 seconds, in an engaging form. This exercise intends to develop presentation, research, and academic communication skills. Additionally, it helps the development of research students’ capacity to explain their work effectively.
- During Orientation week and the first week of each semester, Market Day is organized on the Campus. On this day the UQ Union and clubs and societies put their stalls and organize social activities to make new students aware.
- One more event that creates buzz on campus is the Career Fair where the final-year students get a chance to interact with their future employers.
Once you are here, the basic amenities like on-campus residences, a library, and transportation facilities are easily available. Eventually, these options help scholars to focus on their studies and activities. 3 refectories provide food for students. These are the Main Refectory in the Student Union Complex, the Biological Sciences Refectory under the Biological Sciences Library, and the Physiology Refectory under the Physiology Lecture Theatres
Cosmo Consultants is the leading study abroad consultant with vast experience and a professional team of counselors. Having tie-up with more than 150 educational institutes around the globe we have been guiding and assisting study abroad aspirants in fulfilling their overseas education dreams. If you have a plan to study in Australia, you may contact us at +91-9876291190, +91-9792000004 or visit our website www.cosmoconsultants.in